1. Sadaharu Oh had his entire stomach removed due to cancer. He hit 868 career homeruns in Japan. Link. Via. (Stomach toys on sale at Amazon.)
2. Good news if you want the benefits of drinking red wine, but (like me) hate drinking wine: Concord Grape Juice has the same benefits. Link. Via. (Photo via.)
3. Fun article about the 419 Eaters, who tricked a Nigerian scam artist into joining their fictitious church and travelling from Nigeria "to the dangerous and unpredictable capital of the predominantly Muslim country of Chad, while wearing the uniform of a Christian missionary." Link. Via. (Photo via.)
4. List of geeky theme cruises, including chess cruise, pirate cruise, and videogame cruise. Link. (Photo via.)
5. Flea, of the Red Hot Chili Peppers, is taking classes at USC and finishing up his solo album. He explains, "The record is based on the character Helen Burns from "Jane Eyre." I love Charlotte Bronte and all of the Bronte sisters." Link. Via. (Photo via.)
*Find previous news posts here.
Buy Jasper Fforde's hilarious The Eyre Affair at Amazon.