Beyonce's new album is called "I Am...Sasha Fierce." As I understand it, "Sasha Fierce" is supposed to be her alter ego. You can listen to her babble about it here (halfway down the page).
Here's a few more links
1. Jake Plummer, who quit the NFL and had to give back a $3.5 million advance, is a competitive handball player. He should absolutely have his own reality show. (His wedding was called off an hour and a half before it was scheduled to begin.)
2. I give Quantum of Solace a B or B- (there's basically no plot at all, and too many of the action sequences are a mess of jump cuts and closeups). But Daniel Craig gets an A+. I'd rank Another Way To Die in the top 5 of James Bond themes.
3A. Malcolm Gladwell describes his new book, which attempts to figure out why some people achieve incredible success. Apparently "a surprising number of the most powerful and successful corporate lawyers in New York City have almost the exact same biography: they are Jewish men, born in the Bronx or Brooklyn in the mid-1930's to immigrant parents who worked in the garment industry."
3B. Here's a profile of Gladwell, who apparently commands a speaking fee of $80,000.
3C. And finally, here's Gladwell's latest article about people who achieve enormous success despite major disadvantages such as coming from poverty or growing up with dyslexia. One of the men profiled grew up poor, and in his later years would buy Phi Beta Kappa keys from pawnshops and hand them out to visitors like party favors.
4. Go here to read about a fashion show that was just held in Japan for adult diapers. Via.
5. Megan McArdle artfully describes her experience being jobless after 9/11 effectively eliminated her six-figure salary.
6. Rick Astley Simpsonized.
7. Star Trek Starfleet logo folder desktop icons.
*"James Bond Movie Posters: The Official 007 Collection" is 34% off at Amazon.