The Fort Wayne Tin Caps minor league baseball team (affiliated with the San Diego Padres) play in Indiana. They're named for Johnny Appleseed, who supposedly wore a tin pot as a hat. (No merchandise available at the home page.)
Here's a few more links:
1. There's a man named Greg Packer who has made a career of being the guy lazy newspeople interview. Most recently, the NY Times interviewed him as a fan celebrating the Phillies win. Link.
2. Earlier this year, a fire at an unmanned US nuclear facility went unnoticed for five days. It caused one million dollars in damages. Link.
3. Recent survey indicates roughly half of all medical doctors prescribe placebos as treatment.
4. David Foster Wallace always wore a bandana because he hoped it would prevent his head from exploding. Link.
5. Nuclear power plant located three hours north of Los Angeles had to be shut down because it attracted too many jellyfish. Via.
6. Go here if you want to see Patrick Stewart with a mustache.
*Previously: Engage and Locutus - - two bold new fragrances from Jean-Luc Picard.
*Buy "Really Good Logos Explained" at Amazon.