1. What is your idea of the perfect day?
Going out for a coffee and brunch with my partner Jason. Spending the afternoon painting or illustrating. Sitting down to a home made dinner and a movie.
2. Describe one of the best moments in your life:
Attending a conference in Chicago. It was my first visit to a city that size and I was blown away by the scale and style of the architecture and the amazing people I met there.
3. What is your most common nightmare?
I have nightmares about getting lost in large crowds of people.
4. What are your three favorite possessions?
My sketchbooks, filled with coloured paper (unusual and hard to come by). My camera, because I can capture reference material so quickly and easily. My comics, because they provoke my imagination so much.
5. What is your goal for 2011?
My goal is to do less commercial illustration and more painting. Also, I'd like to catch a bit more live dance and theatre.
6. What super power would you most like to have?
I'd love to turn intangible at will.
*Buy vintage cameras at eBay.
Monday, July 5, 2010