1. Julie Taymor blaming others for the failure of the Spider-Man musical:
“It’s very scary if people are going more towards that, to have audiences tell you how to make a show,” said Ms. Taymor, a Tony Award-winning director of “The Lion King” and other stage works and films. “Shakespeare would have been appalled. Forget about it. It would be impossible to have these works come out because there’s always something that people don’t like.”Because everyone knows of how respectful audiences were in Shakespeare's time.
2. Idoru used to promote a Japanese ice cream. Here's the commercial itself. Via.
3. Transformers: Turn Off the Moon kid's meal toys at Burger King.
4. I like the muted colors on this blog layout. Even the icons look like they were doodled in ink.
5. For Californians, one pundit's analysis of the current budget battle.
*Buy Happy Meal toys at eBay.