1. There are some incredibly vibrant subtle animated gifs at Mike Pecci's site. (They're huge, so be patient while they load.)
2. The sleazy trick that launched Anthony Weiner's political career.
3. Well, this is timely in light of what I'm reading: "Tom Hanks' Playtone Productions is set to produce a six-season, open-ended series, American Gods, for HBO."
4. The recipe for a USA channel show:
For USA, it’s three things: Is there a slightly flawed but likable lead character? Is there a strong drama with a dollop of humor? Is it blue skies? I mean that literally and figuratively. Exterior shots showing blue skies add a levity and brightness to each show. You also have to be able to describe it in a single sentence: Royal Pains—it’s Marcus Welby in the Hamptons.Via.
5. Half-albino peacock. Via.