Just-revealed Psychonauts figurines.
Friday, August 30, 2013
Thursday, August 29, 2013
Super 7 Alien ReAction Figures available for preorder.
1. Forbes 8/26/13:
compelling comic about a breakup.
3. New novella by Cory Doctorow at Tor.
The no-brainer purchase of the day is Alternative Movie Posters: Film Art from the Underground, a 208-page hardcover book collecting movie posters commissioned by Mondo, Spoke Art, and much more. Among the 200 posters in the collection, I saw many of my favorite posters from the last 10 years, as well as a surprising number of terrific posters I'd never seen before.
Preorder for $24 (30% the cover price) at Amazon.
Wednesday, August 28, 2013
Police 'super recognisers' to keep watch over Notting Hill carnival2. Kotaku reviews the Bioshock Infinite board game, in which "you split into teams controlling either Comstock's founders or the Vox Populi rebellion as both sides wrestle for control of the board's districts":
Specialist officers have been selected for their ability to remember hundreds of offenders' faces
Which is horrible/awesome, but nothing compared to the horror of Booker and Elizabeth.
You know what? Scratch what I said earlier. The Siege of Columbia's crowning achievement is that it makes you hate these terrifying vandals just as much as every NPC in the video game. Not controlled by any player, this pair traverse the board instead according to the steps of a randomly selected timeline sheet. More importantly, Booker will randomly aggro and do his best to flatline everything where he stands, and as you might expect, you do not fuck with Booker. Exactly like the Sky-Line, these fights are hilarious when they happen to your friends, but are, of course, absolute bullshit when they happen to you.The game is 20% off at Amazon.
3. New 19 minute demo for Wasteland 2.
Tuesday, August 27, 2013
1. "The piece captures antlion hunting strategy perfectly. The sand pit by itself is only a partial trap; most insects can climb out on their own. But not with the predator churning sand and hurling debris."
2. "On Wednesday 21 August, Oxford Playhouse was happy to host an evening with Neil Gaiman and Philip Pullman." Download the audio for free.
3. Wired looks at Welcome to Night Vale, "an independently produced podcast that shot to the #1 spot on iTunes last month, past the likes of Radiolab and This American Life, a weird-fiction serial framed as a radio news show from a small desert town where, in the words of writer Joseph Fink, 'every conspiracy you’ve heard of is true.'" (Relatedly, a fan made map of Night Vale.) Via.
4. Big end of summer sale at the BBTS, including some good deals on Marvel Legends.
Elysium concept art by Christian Pearce.
1/12 scale Iron Man 2 drone figures by PlayImaginative available at STGCC.
Kate Beaton's cover for The Best American Comics 2013.
A few gems from the 16-card 1996 Pinnacle Baseball Christie Brinkley Collection, available at Amazon.
The Disney Infinity Elsa figurine.
Monday, August 26, 2013
1. How to preload Youtube videos.
2. Worst (best) baseball card of all time. (Available for less than $1 at Amazon).
3. Nightmarish wallpaper.
4. The Best American Science and Nature Writing 2012 and other Best American 2012 collections are on sale for 99 cents each at Amazon.
Blind giant eyeball riders by Andrew Bell.
Pixel art by Vic Nguyen, who designed the new Super Time Force tee.
Funko Fionna available for preorder at the BBTS and Entertainment Earth.
Tokens illustrated by MS Corley for a role-playing kickstarter.
These just released plastic snowboarders are now available at ToyBoarders.com. $6 for a pack of 24, featuring eight different poses. (There's also two series of plastic skateboarders available).
I have two packs to give away. For a chance to win one, simply comment on this post and include your email so I can contact you if you win. One comment per person, USA residents only, please. I'll pick two winners later today. Winners have been contacted.
Sunday, August 25, 2013
Saturday, August 24, 2013
Art by Keiko Murayama, Natalie Hall, and Tony Siruno for an ocean-themed show at QPop.
Book covers by gray318. Via.
Homemade Minecraft toys.
Hellcat by Axel Medellin.
Cat in a shark suit riding a roomba and chasing a duck by Iain Heath.