1. Dennis Rodman finally met his dad:
Philander Rodman Jr., who has acknowledged fathering 29 children by 16 mothers, says he was happy and surprised that his son agreed to meet him late Wednesday.Via.
2. "Over the past 35 years, the number of fires in the United States has fallen by more than 40% while the number of career firefighters has increased by more than 40%."
3. Having young kids makes you a little crazy - - the Wikipedia entry on Swiper the Fox from Dora the Explorer is 1,300 words of analysis:
Swiper's motive for theft is patently childish; he never seems actually to want the object he takes, since he almost immediately throws it away to hide it from Dora, which prompts her to ask the audience to help her find it. Until recently, it was unclear if he swipes merely for the joy of swiping, or from a desire to annoy and frustrate Dora. Compounding the confusion is the fact that, given the right reason, for example, that the item in question is a present for Dora's puppy, he will return items he has taken, no matter how much effort he went through to get them. It is also shown that he rarely knows the full importance of what he has taken; for example, he had no idea the aforementioned gift was for Dora's puppy. In the episode Dora Saves the Mermaids, he revealed that he "liked swiping." He has some kind of New York accent, and lives in a burrow on top of Blueberry Hill.....Also in this episode, it is revealed that Swiper does not speak Spanish, and wishes that he did.Via.
4. A bunch of those Dark Knight Rises Imax screening Bane posters are now on sale at eBay.
5. 25% off vinyl toys at Tenacious Toys today with the code SDCCHANGOVER.