TNI has 70 photographs from the Batman 75th Anniversary Action Figure Display at Wondercon.
Sunday, April 20, 2014
From Kotaku's summary of a talk by the creators of Doom and Myst:
"Puzzles were 'friction' to slow people down," he revealed. "My brother and I weren't even puzzle fans. But we built them into the environment to create a pace for people and let other technical things happen in the background. We thought of it as an exploration game and not a puzzle game. I look back now and it seems so haphazard. Two levers in a clock tower? That doesn't make any sense."
General Mills already abandoned its attempt to say liking it on Facebook meant giving up the right to sue
"We're sorry we even started down this path ... And we do hope you'll accept our apology."
1. Explore Voyager's Bridge with the Oculus Rift and trigger story events.
2. Photos of the Guardians of the Galaxy Heroclix.
3. Short shorts and dinosaurs in the new Street Fighter IV trailers.
4. Merchant ads from the world of Legend of Zelda.
Posted by John at 8:13 AM
1. "Gay Jeans Reveal Rainbow Threads With Every Wash And Wear."
2. "Islamist rebels duped dozens of Nigerian schoolgirls into thinking they were soldiers come to evacuate them before abducting over 100 in their latest anti-government raid, one of the survivors said on Wednesday."
3. "Two journalists from The Sunday Times set out to investigate whether Bulgarians would sell babies. And a Bulgarian journalist set out to investigate whether Britons would buy their babies. Disaster ensues."
4. Remote control water cannon installed by Israelis at Palestinian border.
Saturday, April 19, 2014
"[A]n entire 800-mile-long mountain range along the moon’s equator formed after it fell from space."
"Golf has always reveled in its standards and rich tradition. But increasingly a victim of its own image and hidebound ways, golf has lost five million players in the last decade, according to the National Golf Foundation, with 20 percent of the existing 25 million golfers apt to quit in the next few years."