Homemade Tron light cycle board game:
- The board is made from two pieces of smoked acrylic, which I etched on an Epilog laser cutter at my local Tech Shop. The grid was originally supposed to be edge-lit by LEDs, but the tint in the acrylic kept the light from penetrating. So, I taped off and painted the grid with blacklight-reactive paint.
- I cut the light trails out of fluorescent orange and blue acrylic, also on the laser cutter.
- I bought the TRON vehicles and Recognizer carrying case. I modded the carrying case a bit to include rows of blue and blacklight LEDs. I am in the process of repainting the vehicles with blacklight-reactive paint.
- I'm still finishing the carrying cases for the light trails, one of which is in the video. These were made of wood, also on the laser cutter.
- Everything is sitting atop a giant lazy susan that I made for gaming.